Students from the MESA Program at Ventura College visited our laboratory located in Oxnard, CA
The Mathematics, Engineering and Science Achievement (MESA) Program serves to enrich the experience of students majoring in math, science and engineering at Ventura College.
MESA works closely with industry partners and the University of California, California State University, the California Community Colleges, the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities and the State Department of Education. MESA is nationally recognized for its innovative academic development program.
MESA Programs are designed to provide academic and support services for economically and educationally disadvantaged students majoring in calculus-based fields who seek to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Community college faculty, staff, business leaders, students and four-year colleges and universities will work collaboratively to achieve the program objectives.
- Increase the number of economically and educationally disadvantaged students pursuing degrees in mathematics, sciences, engineering, or computer science who are eligible to transfer to a four-year college or university;
- Fully utilize existing transfer agreements, mechanisms, and practices that enable MESA students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities;
- Implement strategies to increase the rate at which MESA students are deemed transfer ready in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) majors.
- Improve the academic performance of MESA students;
- Increase the leadership skills and raise the educational expectations of MESA students;
- Strengthen the relationships among educators, prospective employers in business and industry, and MESA students; establish student internships, and other career opportunities.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with MESA Engineering Programs (MEP), MESA Schools Programs (MSP), and California Alliance for Minority Participation, in order to provide students with optimum internship and scholarship opportunities.
The students had the opportunity to understand how a testing laboratory works, from the reception of the samples until the final report with the results is sent to the client. They were very interested in the instrumentation used in our laboratory (ICP-MS, GC/MS-MS. LC/MS-MS, LECO, etc.)
AGQ Labs purpose is to help create a safer world, leveraging science, technology, and knowledge to deliver profitable, sustainable, and scientifically backed solutions tailored to our clients’ specific needs. We are one of the world’s leading laboratories and technological centers, combining the most advanced analytical techniques with more than 25 years of experience. Our clients range across the entire value chain: producers, exporters, traders, large packers, supermarket certification specialists, and food processing concerns. In short, we provide superior scientific results — quickly, competitively, and efficiently.
AGQ Labs USA is located in Oxnard, California and specializes in two core sectors: Food Safety and Agronomy.