Glyphosate Testing in Water
Test with AGQ Labs the levels of Glyphosate in your water in 3 simple steps: (1) Fill in the info requested below and make your payment, (2) Take a sample of your water and (3) Send the sample to AGQ Labs. You will receive your results in 10 working days.
AGQ Labs has been analyzing the active ingredient glyphosate for years, both in foods and in drinking water. The technique utilized is Liquid Chromatography Tandem-Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS-MS), which is unquestionably today’s state-of-the-art instrumentation for this type of analysis.
In the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) categorizes glyphosate as a product that is “slightly toxic” for humans and birds and “practically nontoxic to fish, aquatic invertebrates and honeybees.” Despite this EPA classification at the federal level, the State of California, has listed glyphosate under Proposition 65 as a carcinogen. Prop. 65 is the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, approved by the California electorate.
Choose the faucet that will serve as your source of water sample and prepare a plastic container of 3.38 fl.oz.
1) Just before water collection, remove cap from the sample container, carefully lay the cap down with the inside facing up on a clean dry surface. Try not to touch the inside of the container or the inside of the cap.
2) Turn the faucet on and let the water run for half a minute if collecting tap water. Then move the container into the water stream to collect the sample.
3) Fill the container to ½ to ¾ full. Do not fill container more than this. If you overfill the container pour out a little at a time until you are at ½ to ¾ of the way full. Replace the cap immediately. Make sure that it is screwed on tightly.
1) Place the container in a ziplock bag and place in a box you will use for shipping. Make sure that you fill all empty space with paper or bubble wrap so that the sample will not move inside the box during its transport. Seal the box with enough tape to ensure that there are no unnecessary openings in the box.
2) Ship the box to the following address:
2451 Eastman Avenue, Suite 1
Oxnard, CA 93030
Make sure that the sample/s are shipped the same day that you collected them. Otherwise, discard the samples.