Environmental Management Policy
AGQ has an Environmental Management policy and system that follows ISO 14001 standards. Our system has an objective to control the impact that our activities have on the environment.
This Environmental Management System entails adherence to certain performance protocols in the activities AGQ performs and the services we provide.
The different aspects under consideration as a part of this management system are classified as "significant" or "not significant" according to the impact that they can produce on the environment, not only in normal circumstances but in "abnormal" or emergency situations.
AGQ subcontracts hazardous waste disposal from its facilities to external companies that specialize in the field and are authorized to carry out such tasks:
- Non-Hazardous Waste
- This is the waste generated through daily office activities at AGQ.
- It is considered "Solid Urban Waste (SUW)," and is composed of organic garbage, paper, containers and glass for domestic use, batteries, printer toners and cartridges, fluorescent tubes, etc.
- Hazardous Waste
- This is the waste generated through the lab activities at AGQ.
- This includes: halogenated solvents, non-halogenated solvents, acids, bases, laboratory products, contaminated containers.
Another activity that AGQ encourages under our Environmental Management System is the minimal use of natural resources, which includes:
- Minimizing the waste of electricity and water
- Making sure to use rational amounts of both.
- Minimizing the use of paper and when using paper:
- Using only chlorine-free paper
- Using double-sided printing